SANGGUNIANG PANLUNGSOD (CITY COUNCIL)
REPRESENTATIVES TO VARIOUS SPECIAL COMMITTEES,
BOARDS AND OTHER BODIES (PER CITY COUNCIL RESOLUTION Numbered 132-2007)
1. Hon. Bernardo M. Vergara - Congressman
2. Hon. Mauricio G. Domogan - City Mayor II
3. Hon. Daniel T. Farinas - City Vice Mayor II - Ways and Means and Finance
All matters relating to financial, fiscal and monetary affairs of the city, including expenditures, fees, indebetness, revenues and taxes; review of barangay budgets and barangay tax ordinances; matters of general concern.
4. Hon. Nicasio M. Aliping Jr. - Public Utilities, Transportation and Traffice Legislation
All legislation on public services and utilities; public transportation and communications; the marketing, distribution, generation and transmission of electricity and water resources; the grant or amendment of franchises; traffic and transportation; the orderly flow of vehicular and pedestrian traffic; and the safety of motorists and pedestrians.
5. Hon. Betty Lourdes F. Tabanda - Social Services, Women and Urban Poor
All legislation on social problems which affect the stability and adjustment of individual and of the community to teh environment; appropriate socail services which uplift, strengthen and develop individual and community life including the care of the elderly and government retirees; women and family relations; rights and responsibilites of family members; the quality of life; population management; and the amelioration of the plight of the urban poor.
6. Hon. Isabelo B. Cosalan Jr. - Urban Planning, Lands and Housing
All legislation on socio - economic, urban and land use studies; planning, programmming and development; population profiles, census and statistics; and urban housing and all other forms of shelter and habitation, resettlement, relocaiton and development.
7. Hon. Elmer O. Datuin - Tourism, Special Events, Parks and Playgrounds
All legislation on tourism an the tourist industry; special events; playgrounds and promenades.
8. Hon. Peter C. Fianza - Educational, Culture and Historical Research
All legislation on education, schools, colleges and universities, libraries and museums; non-formal and community adult education; culture and arts; the historical significance of people, places and events; and cultural communities.
9. Hon. Edison R. Bilog - Huma Rights, Justice, Public Protection and Safety, Peace and Order
All legislation on the administration of justice and penology; the implementation of the constitutional and statutory provisions on human rights; public protection, safety, security, peace and order; the Baguio City Police Office (BCPO) and the Integrated Barangay Tanods (IBT).
10. Hon. Richard A. Cariño - Laws
The relation of any proposed measure with the Consitution, laws, ordinances, rules and regulations, presidential executive and administrative issuances; confirmation of contracts wherein the city is a party.
11. Hon. Perlita L. Chan-Rondez - Market, Trade and Commerce
All legislation on policies and operations affecting the public market including extension, satellite and flea markets; domestic trade (local and national); the interest of local govenrment in private corporations and commercial enterprises; patents, trade names and trademarks; standards, weights, measures and designs, consumer protection, quality control and control of prices of commodities, the development, coordination, regulation and diversification of local industries and business.
12. Hon. Fred L. Bagbagen -Employment, Livelihood and Cooperatives, Handicapped and Differently - abled Persons
All legislation on cooperatives and cooperativism; handicrafts, and cottage industries; labor, employment and manpower development; maintenance of industrial peace and promotion of better employer-employee cooperation; labor education, standards and statistics; promotion of the labor market including the development, recruitment, training and placement of manpower, both domestic and foreign; and the needs of the disabled and disadvantaged sectors of society.
13. Hon. Philian Louise C. Weygan-Allan - Ethics, Government Affairs and Personnel
All legislation on malfeasance, misfeasance and non-feasance in office, including the duties, conduct, rights, privileges, dignity, integrity and reputation of the Sangguniang Panlunsod and its members; the appointment, designation, retirement, pensions, gratuities and status of officials and employees of the city government.
14. Hon. Nicasio S. Palaganas - Public Works
All legislation on physical planning, consrtuction, maintenance, improvement and repair of highways, bridges, roads, alleys, drainage systems, flood control and protection, public buildings and other public edifices, ripraps connected to roads, bridges or public structures.
15. Hon. Joel A. Alangsab - Barangay Affairs
All legislation on barangay affairs and governanvce.
16. Hon. Karminn Cheryl Dinney D. Yangot - Youth Welfare and Sports Development
All legislation on youth development, the promotion of their moral, physical, intellectual and social well-being; and sports development.