All inbound travelers
Economic Stimulus Package
Baguio In My Pocket
Baguio in my pocket is a collection of applications that aims to promote an e-government ecosystem of hands-free transactions, citizen data management, contact tracing and other essential services for the people of Baguio City.
City Legal Office
1. Formulate measures for the consideration of the Sanggunian and provide legal assistance and support to the City Mayor in carrying out the delivery of basic services and provision of adequate facilities as provided for under Section 17 of RA 7160;
2. Develop plans and strategies and upon approval thereof by the City Mayor, implement the same particularly those which have to do with program and projects related to legal services which the City Mayor is empowered to implement and which the Sanggunian is empowered to provide for under this RA 7160;
3. In addition to the foregoing duties and functions, the legal officer shall:
a. Represent the local government unit in all civil actions and special proceedings wherein the local government unit or any official thereof, in his official capacity, is a party;
b. When required by the City Mayor or Sanggunian, draft ordinances, contracts, bonds, leases and other instruments, involving any interest of the local government unit and provide comments and recommendations on any instrument already drawn;
c. Render opinion in writing on any question of law when requested to do by the City Mayor or Sanggunian;
d. Investigate or cause to be investigated any local official or employee, for administrative neglect or misconduct in office and recommend appropriate action to the City Mayor or Sanggunian as the case may be;
e. Investigate or cause to be investigated any person, firm or corporation holding any franchise or exercising any public privilege for failure to comply with any term or condition in the grant of such franchise or privilege, and recommending appropriate action to the City Mayor or Sanggunian, as the case may be;
f. When directed by the City Mayor or Sanggunian, initiate and prosecute in the interest of the local government unit concerned any civil action on any bond, lease or other contract upon any breach or violation thereof; and
g. Review and submit recommendations on ordinances approved and executive orders issued by component units.
4. Recommend measures to the Sanggunian and advise the City Mayor or the case may be on all other matters related to upholding the rule of law; and
5. Exercise such other powers and perform such other functions as may be prescribed by law or ordinance.
A City which legal rights and interest are fully respected and well-protected.
The City Legal Office shall support the officials and officers of the City Government of Baguio with a sound and independent legal advice and diligent representation, bearing in mind, the best interest of the City, with utmost integrity and accountability.
We, in the City Legal Office, solemnly commit to render our best efforts and avail all resources within our domain to protect the legal rights and interests of the City of Baguio as well as provide competent legal support to the actions and endeavors of our City officials geared toward public welfare.