All inbound travelers
Economic Stimulus Package
Baguio In My Pocket
Baguio in my pocket is a collection of applications that aims to promote an e-government ecosystem of hands-free transactions, citizen data management, contact tracing and other essential services for the people of Baguio City.
City Veterinary and Agriculture Office - Citizen's Charter
WHAT WE PROVIDE
Our programs and services
I. ABATTOIR, ANIMAL AND FISH REGULATORY SERVICES DIVISION
Regulation and Inspection of Fish and Meat Products
- Perform various phases of meat inspection procedures on meat stalls & slaughterhouses to ensure the safety of meat and meat products being sold to the public;
- Recommend to the City Veterinarian appropriate measures concerning meat inspection work to prevent spread of zoonotic diseases in the city;
- Act as team leader during confiscation of “Hot meat” and other related activities;
- Inspect, check and verify supporting papers of meat being brought into the markets and/or being offered for sale.
- Receives all incoming food animals for temporary shelter
- Maintain record of all food animals for temporary shelter and for slaughter
- Maintain cleanliness inside the temporary shelter
- Monitor the physical condition of all food animals inside the shelter
- Monitor & supervise registered private butchers & helpers in dispatching the carcasses for trading
- Monitor the correct number of food animals released to the clients
- Supervise & monitor the hygienic transfer of carcass
Slaughterhouse Operation Service
- Conducts hygienic slaughter activity of all food animals
- Cleaning and disinfection of slaughterhouse
- Supervise and assist the licensing of butchers and meat handlers;
- Formulate orientation and training designs for butchers and meat handlers in terms of hygiene, sanitation and proper handling of meat and meat products on market and slaughterhouses.
II. ANIMAL HEALTH SERVICES
Preventive Animal Health Management
- Conduct Anti-rabies vaccination on companion animals in various barangays;
- Conduct Anti-rabies vaccination on companion animals for walk-in clients;
- Immunizes large animals/ruminants against Hemorrhagic Septicemia & hogs against Hog Cholera;
- Conduct random avian blood sampling;
- Cares and maintains for animals’ health and population;
- Monitors livestock animal and disease surveillance.
- Provides treatment to small animals;
- Implement deworming medication to large and small animals.
Animal Population Control
- Neutering of male dogs and cats
- Spaying of female dogs and cats
Information Education Campaign
- Conducts information education campaign on Rabies & other animal diseases
- Conducts information education campaign on responsible pet ownership
Public Health Monitoring
- Dog Bite Investigation/Animal Surveillance
- Livestock population survey
- Impounding of stray animal
- Adoption of impounded pets
- Donation of impounded pets
- Euthanizes unredeemed impounded dogs
TIPS FOR RESPONSIBLE PET OWNERSHIP
- Train your dog on basic obedience.
- Feed your dog regularly and with a balance diet.
- Give your dog its own dish.
- Train your dog to go home.
- Be sure that your dog receives anti-rabies vaccination annually.
- Let not your dog be a nuisance to others by its continuous barking.
- Keep your dog clean by bathing it every other day.
- Be sure your dog drinks clean water.
- Give your dog its own place to rest.
III. AGRICULTURAL SERVICES
Promotion of Urban Food Production
-Provided services for the promotion High Value Crops, Organic Agriculture Program,
Gulayan sa Paaralan and Barangay
- Conduct of Farmers Month
Agricultural Extension Services
-Conduct of GAP Training and Application of GAP Certification
-Facilitates organizational strengthening and empowering of the youth
-Conduct of Entrepreneurial Trainings of farmers; Monitoring of Strawberry
Food Safety Regulation
- Assist the Bureau of Plant Industry in the sampling on Fruits and Vegetables (Highland & Lowland vegetables, Fruits, Imported Rice) in the City Market, Satellite Markets, and various vegetable outlets